Friday, April 19, 2019

Frugal Friday Wrap Up 4/12-4/18 2019

~I found a code online to give me extra minutes when I refilled the minutes on my phone card.
~Jeff picked up some sale priced mayonnaise for us and found 2 $1 off coupons making them .99 each.  We go through a lot of mayo during the Spring and Summer.
~I am bringing a pasta salad for Easter Dinner so I stopped at the Dollar Tree and picked up Italian Dressing and pepperoni for the salad plus enough for 2 more salads and a few other items that we needed.
~We used a coupon at Arby's for a family meal deal and both ate for under $10.
~Jeff picked up some sale priced lettuce for me on the way home from work.
~Jeff and I watched Steven on Saturday afternoon and had a wonderful time with him.
~We took Caesar for a walk on Tuesday to help perk him up since he was really missing Doofy (and so was I).  We walked down to Jaysn and Rachel's and then Rachel and Steven walked back up with us and stayed to visit for awhile.
~My father sent a dvd in the mail with old family movies on it and I really enjoyed going down memory lane watching them. :)
~I watched more shows online.
~I was able to hang some laundry out to dry on the line.
~Jeff and I cut my hair.
~Jeff subbed on Tuesday night for bowling league so he only had to pay $3 to bowl that night.
~I put in requests for several things from the library.
~I saved the rubber bands from the bunches of asparagus.
~While going through the freezer, I found a package with about 8 raviolis in it.  I cooked those up and had them with some asparagus for dinner since it was just me at home that night.
~Jeff took me into town on Wednesday since I needed to get out of the house.  We found a beautiful rosebush on clearance that we bought as a memorial to Doofy.  It is going to be planted right at the top of the walkway leading up to our home to greet everyone.  This helps me to cope with his untimely death to have something beautiful growing in his honor.
~Jeff found a gun nailer that came out to $19.99 after our coupon for donations at Goodwill.  He has been wanting one for a very long time since it is getting harder for him to use a hammer.  This is something that he and our sons will get a lot of use out of.  These retail for  starting at $300 and go up from there.
~We took advantage of a special dinner deal at Sonic.
~Jeff had a quick side job that paid $20.
~Thursday was a beautiful and sunny day with a high of 70F.  I took advantage of it and washed the living room and dining room curtains and hung them out to dry on the laundry line.  Jeff rehung the up for me once they were dry.
~Dinner was a BBQ ed meatloaf and a Ranch potato salad.  I used up things here in the fridge, freezer and pantry, along with green onions from the garden to make it.  So good!
~Rachel brought Steven up to play for a bit and he had a wonderful time running around the backyard and covered porch while we visited.
~I'm currently reading a book from the library.
~By careful budgeting, we were able to pay off the first half of our property taxes.  Our taxes this year nearly doubled!



5 comments:

  1. Considering what you have been through lately, it sounds like a good week.
    Glad you got to get out for a walk - we had some lovely weather earlier in the week.
    Have a blessed Easter with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had good week of savings, so happy you found something beautiful to commemorate Doofy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a nice Easter. Sounds like you are feeling well getting things done. I need to do the curtains. Thanks for the reminder. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sad to read about Doofy's passing, Debbie. I'm glad you got a rose bush to plant in his memory.

    I hadn't realized you were posting again! I just read back and caught up on your posts. I'm so glad to see you back, again.

    Take care and take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!