Thursday, October 4, 2018

Just Popping In for an Update



   I'm sitting here on a cold Fall night with the pellet stove running beside me.  The warmth is going deep into my bones and I love that feeling.  I also have Doofy cat curled up in my lap enjoying that I am again wearing his favorite flannel nightgown.  The days have been beautiful with the changing colors of the trees and the nights have been cool and make sleeping (when I can get there) all the more comfortable.

   We've been apple picking and to the pumpkin patch with the grandboys and all had a wonderful time together.  They are growing up so quickly and this is a tradition that I hope we can continue for years to come. It was so much fun to watch all three of them pick out their pumpkins this year!  We also had a family dinner at my cousin Jeremy's new store and had a great time going through all the stuff he has there.  I am already planning some of my Christmas gift shopping. ;)  We still need to get a bunch of our furniture, books, and vintage linens and dishes over there for him to sell and I need to help him set up the table displays.

   The progress on Chris and Heather's new home has been amazing! It really warms my heart to see their dream coming true.  Family has been pitching in whenever they can to help get it up and dried in before the bad and wet weather hits.  I wish Jeff and I could do more to help, but time and health has not allowed that unfortunately.

   Jaysn and Rachel are finding they need more room for their family and we went apartment hunting today.  The first place we saw was not going to work at all but a dear friend happened to have a 2 bedroom apartment here in town that he is repainting right now and that turned out to be just the right place for them.  They are even going to be able to put up a temporary fence to keep Steven corralled in the backyard and Steven has made friends with some of the neighbor's cats already. :)  Rachel is happy because it also has an in unit washer and dryer that will make her life so much easier and will not have to haul all their laundry up here to our house to do it when the snow comes.  They will only be about 6 blocks away from us and will be down the street from the swimming pool so that will be great for them come this next Summer.

   We head out to see Josh and Lauren here in a little over a week now and Jeff and I both cannot wait!  We are so looking forward to spending time with them, seeing their new home, exploring Zion National Park and seeing old childhood friends of mine.  It will also be nice to lounge around and swim at their neighborhood pool. ;)

   As for not posting lately or visiting my friends in blogland, please know that it is not for lack of want but rather lack of energy, motivation and the like.  I have continued to struggle with my health and when I overdo it (as I did with the day with the grandkids mentioned above), my pain levels spike up even higher for days after that.  Those are not good days at all.  Weather changes affect me negatively too.  I'm also working through some things emotionally and that takes so much energy out of me.  My posting and visits will most likely continue to be spotty at best for awhile and I do hope you will bear with me.  I need to focus on my health and my family at the moment.  Hopefully things will get better here soon and I will be able to be back on a more regular schedule.  Until then, be blessed and Happy Fall!

   

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are making some wonderful memories with the grands. That is so neat. So glad to hear the kids are getting new places and settling in.
    I hope we get to see some pictures of your cousins shop one day!

    Your health, for you and for your family, is the most important thing. I keep you lifted in prayer. Hope you get to feeling better on all levels. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do just that!
    Focus on you, your health, and family.
    We will be here whenever you can be.
    Prayers for a pain free, cozy weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to go apple picking. What a great tradition.
    Sending hugs,
    SJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your focus is just where it needs to be. I'll be around when you have time and energy to post. Enjoy chasing your life and making great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to hear that you are doing well. It is such a busy time of year, isn't it? It is great that an apartment was found with laundry facilities, and is very close to your house anyway. I'm sure you will still get your "Grandma" fix often! I hope you can take it easy enough to keep your condition at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like things are going well and you go ahead with doing what you need to do to keep your health and energy up. All the best to you and yours, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you have much to look forward to, Debbie. Family a little closer in a new apartment, visits with family and friends and all those fall colours surrounding you. Take your time to enjoy it and to rest when you need to. Take care. Meg Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!