Friday, January 22, 2016

My Favorite Dollar Tree Buys



   If you have been reading my blog for any amount of time or know me personally, you also know that I love to stretch my grocery budget as far as I can.  One of the ways that I am able to do this is by purchasing certain things at the Dollar Tree that are cheaper than anywhere else.  The Dollar Tree also accepts coupons.  There is a limit of 2 internet printable coupons per visit and you can only use 4 like manufacturers coupons per product.  For example you had manufacturers coupons for Hunts Ketchup, you can only use 4 of those coupons on 4 bottles per day.  You could still use other coupons on other products though.

So here is a list of what I buy at our Dollar Tree on a regular basis:
~fabric softener sheets
~coffee filters
~big bottles of lemon juice
~pepperoncinis
~some of their spices and seasonings
~a few salad dressings like Italian or the small bottles of Wishbone Blu Cheese when they have it
~pepperoni (I usually can find coupons to use with this also making each package .50)
~paper napkins
~luncheon loaf (think Spam)
~3 litter bottles of soft drinks
~guava juice in the larger aseptic packs
~pie filling
~green tea
~bath scrubbies
~lipstick (yes, they have some wonderful ones there)
~band aids
~chewable pink bismuth (think Pepto Bismol)
~triple antibiotic ointment
~painkillers (when they get the big bottles of them in)
~toothpaste (Colgate, Crest, Aim)
~stickers for my grandkids
~large gift bags
~greeting cards
~balloons for birthdays
~pretzels
~chips
~some of the candy
~aluminum pans that you can both freeze and cook foods in (I buy the 3 packs with the lids you can write on and then put in the freezer)
~wax paper
~zipper type plastic bags
~canned pineapple
~fruit teas
~cookies and crackers
~plastic forks
~heavy duty paper plates and bowls
~nail files
~sleep masks
~garlic stuffed olives
~big cans of crushed tomatoes
~frozen fruit
~frozen soft pretzels
~sorbet

   There are also a few things that I don't buy there because I can get them at Winco for a better price.  Here they are:

~salt
~tissues 
~some pastas
~some canned soups
~ramen
~small canned juices

   What are some of your favorite Dollar Tree deals and also, what are some things that you find are more expensive there than at other stores in your area?





6 comments:

  1. I like the shelf stable quarts of milk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH...thank you, I had forgotten about them! :)

      Delete
  2. Hello Debbie,

    Dollar Tree or any "dollar type store" ... the closest one to me over 100 miles away.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness Mrs. B, that would make it harder. ;) Do you ever stock up there when you are in that town? I tend to stock up at places like Grocery Outlet when I hit the big city of Spokane (it's about an hour north of me).

      Keep warm and be blessed!

      Delete
    2. Yes, Debbie, If time allows, I do try to stop in and stock up on items when I'm in that city. Most folks assume country living is economical and frugal. However, unless one is very organized and the sort who meticulously "plans ahead", country living" can be cost prohibitive for many.

      Blessings,
      Mrs.B

      Delete
  3. I love Dollar Tree! I did not know that about coupons. I am so excited. I don't know why I didn't but I had no idea you could use coupons.

    I get all my gift wrapping supplies
    Home Décor and Craft things
    Candy and items for homeschool and kid church
    Cards
    Epsom Salt for baths
    Sunglasses
    School supplies
    Organizers (Baskets, Containers, and etc)

    Thanks for sharing about the coupons.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!