Saturday, May 9, 2015

Frugal Outdoor Doings



~bought tomatoes and herbs at the building supply place since they are cheaper than anywhere else in this area
~ran soaker hoses through the raspberry and blackberry patch


  ~picked up some free mulch and compost from our towns yard waste composting site
~using the mulch from the pine trees around my blueberry bushes



~bought some cucumber bush plants at the local Grange sale and looked for the ones that had at least 3 plants per pot
~recycled some old planters to plant the cucumber bushes in




~Hubby replaced a valve cap that went bad on his car
~he also changed the oil and filter in it



~potted up 3 beautiful geranium plants that I found on sale while ago
~used a big planter that I bought at a yard sale a couple of summers back



~Wonderhubby called around to get a quote on how much it would be to have a service call to fix our hot tub...about $500 ouch!
~talked to a repair place that told him how to do it and ordered $20 worth of materials to fix it himself



~our old pie cherry tree died about 4 years ago and I had been looking for a fruit tree to replace it with and found this pear tree on clearance at Walmart for $13.95...now our other pear tree has a friend :)
~Jeff built me that blue bench down next to the shed (he also built the shed)

1 comment:

  1. Some great frugal savings here especially the hot tub. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!