Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Beauty of Spring Mornings




   Waking up early on a Spring morning is one of life's simple pleasures.  It's a magical time of day.  


    The light from the sun warming the flowers and casting shadows is amazing.  Is it any wonder artists and photographers love to be out early to capture the beauty of it all?




   The birds are waking up and calling back and forth to one another.  First the Mourning Doves, gently cooing and taking me back to my childhood.  Such a soothing sound to my soul.  Then the Robins and tiny Finches join in the chorus.





  The cherry tree is in full bloom and the apple tree is just starting to bloom.  Their flowers gently perfume the air and hint at the promise of delicious fruit later in the Summer.  Our Caesar sets out to try and catch and eat all the bees that he can before he is once again stung in his mouth by an irate bee.  Silly dog will never learn it seems.




   While I am sipping on my coffee out on our back porch, the rest of the neighborhood slowly wakes up.  I hear dogs barking in the distance and people hooking up their trailers and golf carts to go out and enjoy this glorious day.  Soon the lawn mowers will be running, hammers will be pounding as people work on their Spring projects and children will be out laughing and playing.  For now I will enjoy the sounds of nature with a few interruptions before the day shifts into full swing. 

2 comments:

  1. Awe the beauty of nature that surrounds us. Oh that we would all take the time to treasure the gift God has given us. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I think we truly miss out on some of the most wonderful gifts because we just don't take the time to be still, quiet and really look and listen.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!