Tuesday, February 4, 2014

An Early Anniversary Surprise

A couple of weekends ago, Jeff and I were given a wonderful gift.  My parents, brothers and my SIL and our kids all got together and sent Jeff and I away for a romantic night at a 4 start hotel in Spokane, WA.  Jeff and I had been trying to get away for years now but weddings, babies, and other family things kept happening that took precedence.



 We stayed at the Davenport Tower which has a Safari theme to it.  The rooms are really nice and the beds are so comfy.  The mattresses are made specifically for the Davenport Hotel Collection and the linens are super soft Italian made.  I know that you can buy the linens and even the mattresses at the Davenport Hotel store.  The rooms all have complementary robes and wonderful soaps, shampoos, conditioners and lotions and boast big marble walk in showers.



I did not get pictures of the lobby but it has gold leafed statues of elephants and a hippo, a tiger, stained glass with giraffes and some wonderful murals and lighting fixtures.  There is a big fireplace in the lobby with comfy chairs and couches that Jeff and I curled up in while sipping on Starbucks coffee.  There is a bar and restaurant right there and it seemed to be very popular with the young professional crowd. This hotel also has a nice pool and workout areaIt is right down town within walking distance of Riverpark Square and lots of fun restaurants.

We had such a great time shopping, going out to eat, enjoying the spa area and just the two of us and came back refreshed and ready to face the week ahead.  Thank you to our wonderful family for making this possible!  It was a much needed and appreciated break from the craziness that has been our lives lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!