Thursday, September 20, 2012

Celebrating the Last Few Days of Summer


Summer is coming to an end.  It seems that most of it was a blur for us this year.  Many weddings, projects and just general business kept us on the go.  We never did make it down to the river, go camping, or tackle some of the huge projects here at home that we had hoped to get done.

Jeff and I decided a few weeks ago to just stop and really relax for nice dinner and enjoy it out on the back porch.  He grilled up some carne asada that I had been marinating in a red wine sauce and also grilled some zucchini from our garden.  Meanwhile, I made some garlic mashed potatoes, got some baby carrots out and popped a loaf of garlic bread into the oven.  It was so nice to just sit out there in the evening sun with the day cooling down enjoying our meal and each others company without any distractions.  We both realized that the season of us being able to dine out on the back porch is quickly coming to a close with the onset of Fall and that made us cherish that time even more.

As much as I love Fall, it being my favorite season, I am sad that Summer is coming to an end.  There was so much more I wanted to do but not enough time to do it.  Next Summer I hope to make a few things that I missed out on this Summer priorities.   This weekend though I will enjoy another wonderful Birthday Barbecue in honor of my DIL Heather's Birthday before the weather gets too cold. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!