Thursday, June 6, 2019

Slow Day

    



   It is a slow and cold day here.  We went from high temperatures and dropped down into the low 50 F range today after some rather impressive thunderstorms last night.  I love to watch them but oh my goodness, the change in the barometric pressure just wrecks my body.  I had felt it coming yesterday morning and did not get much done early that day and even ended up in bed for awhile before we headed out to watch Bradley and Isaiah's T-ball game.

   When we got home from their game, our internet was down and yes, that is a problem for me.  I was in so much pain and one of the ways I cope is to watch YouTube videos out in the living room to distract me.  I tried watching shows on PBS in our bedroom (it is the only TV that is hooked up to the antena and we do not have cable), but I needed my recliner.  Not much sleep happened last night due to the pain so today became another slow day.

   This morning I laid in bed until shortly after 10 a.m. and then finally crawled out and got dressed in soft and warm leggings and a soft long sleeved shirt.  I got the coffee going and then saw that my internet was back up and running.  Since I had planned on making homemade chicken noodle soup with part of a cooked chicken that I had frozen, I got the water boiling for that and plopped that chicken down in it.  I sat out on the porch, had some of my coffee and then came back in to get the veggies all chopped and into the pot.  In went carrots, onions and celery along with some seasoning.  Within half an hour, the chicken was ready to come out and the meat to be picked off the bone.  While I was doing that, I put some broken spaghetti noodles into the boiling broth with the veggies to cook through.  Within a short amount of time I had thick and delicious homemade chicken noodle soup, which is perfect for a cold day like today.  Oh my, did it ever taste good!

   It is now mid afternoon and I have a load of laundry going and am taking another break.  Jeff brewed up some decaf coffee for me (I don't have caffeine in the afternoon) and I am cuddled under one of the quilts that my mother made while I type this out and sip that rich brown nectar of the gods. ;)  I'm thinking that some YouTube or a movie may be on my list to entertain me for the rest of the afternoon and evening.  I have been needed a slow day like this for awhile now and I am going to enjoy every moment of it.

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Debbie,

    I am so sorry the weather is affecting your health lately. You always inspire me. Stay cozy, my friend. Prayers for sunnier weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending Hugs and prayers your way.
    Sounds like you got the storm system we had on Wednesday night. No thunder that I noticed but rain. Which meant no watering yesterday - I too was ready for a break. I did get into one garden for a long time project to move some strawberry plants. But that was it - dug up exactly three plants and that was it for me. Tiny steps and that's ok.
    Your soup sounds lovely. I got a great deal on a head of cauliflower yesterday and used my IP to cook it. Four minutes on steam on a rack. Perfect. Will eat off that for a few days.
    Take good care, SJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same down here my friends and I am also in some pain today. Hopefully this will abate soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!